Backslap Domains Registration Agreement
This Registration Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of Backslap Domains's ("Backslap Domains") domain name registration services to register an Internet domain name, your registration of that domain name, as well as other Backslap Domains domain name related services. In this Agreement "you" and "your" refer to each customer and "we", "us" and "our" refer to Backslap Domains. This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for various Backslap Domains services. By selecting our service(s) you have agreed to establish an account with us for such services. When you use your account or permit someone else to use it to purchase or otherwise acquire access to additional Backslap Domains service(s) or to cancel your Backslap Domains service(s) (even if we were not notified of such authorization), this Agreement covers such service or actions. By using the service(s) provided by Backslap Domains under this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement, the accompanying Domain Dispute Policy and any pertinent rules or policies that are or may be published by Backslap Domains.
This Agreement will become effective when accepted by Backslap Domains. Backslap Domains may elect to accept or reject your domain name registration application for any reason at its sole discretion, such rejection including, but not limited to, rejection due to a request for registration of a prohibited domain name.
1. Our Services. Backslap Domains is an accredited registrar with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") for various Top Level Domain's (TLDs). ICANN oversees registrations and other aspects of the TLDs. As an accredited domain name registrar, Backslap Domains is, upon accepting your domain name registration application, your sponsor for that application. All domain name registrations we register for TLDs are not effective until we have delivered the domain name registration information you provide us to the Registry Operator ("Registry Operator") for the TLDs, as applicable, and the Registry Operator puts into effect your domain name registration.
You agree and acknowledge that Backslap Domains is not liable or responsible in any way for any errors, omissions or any other actions by the Registry Operator arising out of or related to your application and receipt of, or failure to receive, a domain name registration.
2. What We Do Not Do. We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name you select, or the use you make of the domain name, infringes legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate to see whether the domain name you select or its use infringes legal rights of others, and in particular we suggest you seek advice of competent counsel. You may wish to consider seeking one or more trademark registrations in connection with your domain name. You should be aware that there is the possibility we might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should also be aware that if we are sued or threatened with lawsuit in connection with your domain name, we may turn to you to hold us harmless and to indemnify us.
3. Fees. As consideration for the domain name registration services and/or other services provided by Backslap Domains to you, you agree to pay Backslap Domains, prior to the effectiveness of the desired domain name registration, the applicable service(s) fees for the initial registration of the domain name and, should you choose to renew the registration, subsequent renewals of the registration. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term. Your requested domain name will not be registered unless we receive actual payment of the registration fee, or reasonable assurance of payment of the registration fee from some other entity (such reasonable assurance as determined by Backslap Domains in its sole discretion). As further consideration for the Backslap Domains service(s), you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process and (2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. All such information shall be referred to as Account Information ("Account Information"). In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with the payments of the registration fee for your domain name registration, you agree and acknowledge that the domain name registration shall be transferred to Backslap Domains as the paying entity for that registration to the Registry Operator. We will reinstate your domain name registration solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the initial registration or renewal fee and our then-current reinstatement fee, currently set at $100 USD. You will be notified via an email message or via your Account Information when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid within the time specified in a second notice or reminder regarding renewal, your registration may be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may indicate in the registration application or renewal form. We will renew your domain name for you provided your credit card or other billing information is available and up to date, unless you instruct us otherwise within the time specified. If your billing information is not accurate and you wish to renew your domain name registration, we will contact you to update this information and charge you accordingly.
4. Disclaimer and Domain Name Dispute Policy. If you request, reserved or registered a domain name through us, or transferred a domain name to us from another registrar, you agree to be bound by Backslap Domains's current Disclaimer ("Disclaimer") and current Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("Dispute Policy"), both of which are published on our site and are incorporated herein and made a part of this Agreement by reference. Certain disputes, as specified in the Dispute Policy, are subject to that Policy. You agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the Dispute Policy in effect at the time your domain name registration is disputed by the third party. You also agree that, in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold Backslap Domains harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy.
5. Transfer to another Registrar. You agree that you may not transfer your domain name registration to another domain name registrar during the first sixty (60) days from the effective date of your initial domain name registration with Backslap Domains. If requested, you agree to provide written, signed authorization to Backslap Domains for the transfer of the domain name to another registrar and agree to pay any and all fees that may be charged by Backslap Domains to effect the transfer. Your request to transfer to another registrar may be denied in situations described in the Dispute Policy, including, but not limited to: a dispute over the identity of the domain name holder; bankruptcy; and default in the payment of any fees.
6. Modifications to Backslap Domains's Registration Agreement and Dispute Policy. You agree, during the period of this Agreement, that we may: (1) revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (2) change the services provided under this Agreement. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective immediately on posting of the revised Agreement or change to the service(s) on Backslap Domains's web site, or on notification to you by email or postal mail. You agree to review Backslap Domains's web site, including the Agreement, periodically to be aware of any such revisions. If you do not agree with any revision to the Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing us with notice by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail at the address listed on the website. Notice of your termination will be effective on receipt and processing by us. You agree that, by continuing to use the Backslap Domains services following notice of any revision to this Agreement or change in service(s), you will abide by any such revisions or changes. You further agree that we, in our sole discretion, may modify our Dispute Policy at any time. Your continued use of the domain name registered to you shall constitute your acceptance of this Agreement and the Dispute Policy with the new modifications. You acknowledge that if you do not agree to any of such changes, you may request that your domain name registration be cancelled or transferred to a different domain name registrar. You agree that such cancellation or request for transfer will be your exclusive remedy if you do not wish to abide by any changes to this Agreement or the Dispute Policy.
7. Account Information and Its Use.
a. Information You Are Required to Submit. As part of the registration process, you are required to provide certain information and to update this information promptly as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. The information you are obligated to provide in connection with the domain name you are registering is the following:i. The name of the domain name being registered;
ii. Your (or the domain name holder's) name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number; and
iii. The name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the billing contact for the domain name; and
v. Valid payment information
You agree and acknowledge that when you renew your domain name registration, the type of information you are required to provide may have changed. If you do not wish to provide the new required information, your registration may not be renewed.
All other information which we may request from you at registration is voluntary. However, not providing the requested information may prevent you from obtaining all products and services made available to domain name registrants by us, other than registration of the domain name.
b. Additional Information Maintained About Your Registration. In addition to the information you provide, we maintain records relating to your domain name registration. These records may include:i. The original creation date of the registration;
ii. The submission date and time of the registration application to us and by us to the proper Registry Operator;
iii. Communications (electronic or paper form) constituting of registration orders, modifications, or terminations and related correspondence between you and us;
iv. Records of Account Information for your domain name registration, including dates and amounts of all payments and refunds;
v. The IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain name;
vi. The corresponding names of those nameservers;
vii. The name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the domain name;
viii. The name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the domain name;
ix. The expiration and renewal dates of the registration;
x. Information and copies in electronic or paper form regarding all other activity between you and us and third parties relating to your domain name registration and related services.
c. Your Obligations Relating to the Account Information. In the event that, in registering the domain name, you are providing information about or on behalf of a third party, you hereby represent that you have (a) provided notice to that third party of the disclosure and use of that party's information as set forth in this Agreement, and (b) that you have obtained that third party's express consent to the disclosure and use of that party's information as set forth in this Agreement. By registering a domain name or applying for services you also represent that the statements in its application are true and you also represent that the domain name is not being registered for any unlawful purpose.
You acknowledge that willfully providing inaccurate information or willfully failing to update information promptly will constitute a material breach of this Agreement and will be sufficient basis for cancellation of your domain name registration. You further agree that your failure to respond for over ten (10 ) calendar days to inquiries by Backslap Domains concerning the accuracy of contact details associated with your registration shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement and will be sufficient basis for cancellation of your domain name registration.
Additionally, you acknowledge that ICANN may establish guidelines, limits and/or requirements that relate to the amount and type of information that Backslap Domains may or must make available to the public or to private entities, and the manner in which such information is made available.
You hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits and restrictions on disclosure or use of, information provided by you in connection with the registration of a domain name (including any updates to such information), whether during or after the term of your registration of the domain name. You hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of your domain name registration and other information by Backslap Domains.
You may access your domain name registration information in our possession to review, modify or update such information, by accessing your account at our web site, or via a similar service. In order to change any of your Account Information with us, you must use your account User Name and Password that you have with us. Please safeguard your account User Name and Password from any unauthorized use. You agree that any person in possession of your account User Name and Password will have the ability and your authorization to modify your Account Information. In no event will we be liable for the unauthorized use or misuse of your account User Name or Password. Backslap Domains will take reasonable precautions to protect the information it obtains from you from our loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information.
9. Agents and Licenses. You agree that, if you are registering a domain name for or on behalf of someone else, you represent that you have the authority to nonetheless bind that person as a principal to all terms and conditions provided herein, including the Dispute Policy.
You agree that if you license the use of the domain name registered to you to a third party, you nonetheless remain the domain name holder of record, and remain responsible for all obligations under this Agreement, including but not limited to payment obligations, and providing (and updating, as necessary) both your own full contact information, and accurate administrative, technical and billing contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the domain name and domain name registration.
10. Announcements. We reserve the right to distribute information to you that is pertinent to the quality or operation of our services and those of our service partners. These announcements will be predominately informative in nature and may include notices describing changes, upgrades, new products or other information to add security or to enhance your identity on the Internet.
11. Limitation of Liability. YOU AGREE THAT BACKSLAP DOMAINS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY (1) SUSPENSION OR LOSS OF THE DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION IN YOUR NAME, (2) USE OF YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION, (3) INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, (4) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO OUR SITE OR THE WEB SITE(S) OR SERVICES YOU ACCESS BY THE DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED IN YOUR NAME; (5) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD (6) DATA NON-DELIVERY, MIS-DELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (7) EVENTS BEYOND BACKSLAP DOMAINS'S CONTROL; (8) THE PROCESSING OF THIS APPLICATION; (9) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT USER NAME OR PASSWORD; OR (10) APPLICATION OF THE DISPUTE POLICY. BACKSLAP DOMAINS ALSO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF BACKSLAP DOMAINS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL BACKSLAP DOMAINS'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR REGISTRATION OF THE DOMAIN NAME, BUT IN NO EVENT GREATER THAN THREE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($350.00). BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Indemnity. You agree to release, indemnify, and hold Backslap Domains, its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, of third parties relating to or arising under this Agreement, the Backslap Domains services provided hereunder or your use of the Backslap Domains services, including without limitation infringement by you, or someone else using any Backslap Domains service with your computer, of any intellectual property or other proprietary right of any person or entity, or from the violation of any Backslap Domains operating rule or policy relating to the service(s) provided. When Backslap Domains is threatened with suit by a third party, Backslap Domains may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify Backslap Domains; your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in deactivation of your domain name. This indemnification is in addition to any indemnification required under the Dispute Policy, and additionally, shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
You further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless VeriSign, Inc. (the Registry Operator for the .COM and .NET TLDs), and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses arising out of or relating to your domain name registration.
13. Representations and Warranties. YOU REPRESENT THAT, TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF, NEITHER THE REGISTRATION OF THE DOMAIN NAME NOR THE MANNER IN WHICH IT IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY USED INFRINGES THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY. YOU FURTHER REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION IS ACCURATE. ALL DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." EXCEPT FOR OUR STATEMENT REGARDING OUR ACCREDITATION AS AN ICANN-APPROVED DOMAIN NAME REGISTRAR IN PARAGRAPH 1 OF THIS AGREEMENT, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, BACKSLAP DOMAINS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER THAT REGISTRATION OR USE OF A DOMAIN NAME UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL IMMUNIZE YOU EITHER FROM CHALLENGES TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION, OR FROM SUSPENSION, CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER OF THE DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Breach and Revocation. Backslap Domains reserves the right to suspend, cancel, transfer or modify your domain name registration or suspend, cancel or modify other services we provide in the event (a) you materially breach this Agreement (including the Dispute Policy) and do not cure such breach within thirty (30) days of notice by Backslap Domains, (b) you use the domain name registered to you to send unsolicited commercial advertisements in contradiction to either applicable laws or customary acceptable usage policies of the Internet, (c) you use your domain name in connection with unlawful activity, or (d) grounds arise for such suspension, cancellation, transfer or other modification as provided for in this Agreement. You further acknowledge and agree that your registration of a domain name is subject to suspension, cancellation or transfer by any ICANN procedure, by any registrar (including Backslap Domains) or Registry Operator procedures approved by an ICANN-adopted policy, (1) to correct mistakes by Backslap Domains, another registrar or the Registry Operator in administering the domain name or (2) for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name.
You also agree that Backslap Domains shall have the right in its sole discretion to suspend, cancel, transfer or otherwise modify a domain name registration upon seven (7) calendar days prior written notice, or at such time as Backslap Domains receives a properly authenticated order from a court of competent jurisdiction, or arbitration award, requiring the suspension, cancellation, transfer or modification of the domain name registration.
15. Right Of Refusal. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to register or reserve your chosen domain name or register you for other Backslap Domains service(s), or to delete your domain name within thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of your payment for such services. In the event we do not register or reserve your domain name or register you for other Backslap Domains service(s), or we delete your domain name or other Backslap Domains service(s) within such thirty (30) calendar day period, we agree to refund your applicable fee(s). You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or reserve, or delete your domain name or register you for other Backslap Domains service(s).
16. Governing Law. Except as otherwise set forth in the Dispute Policy with respect to disputes, this Agreement, your rights and obligations and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Florida, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the State of Florida. Except as otherwise set forth in the Dispute Policy with respect to disputes, any action to enforce this Agreement or any matter relating to your use of the Backslap Domains site shall be brought exclusively in the United States District Court for the State of Florida, or if there is no jurisdiction in such court, then in a state court in Clark County.
17. Notices. You agree that any notices required to be given under this Agreement by Backslap Domains to you will be deemed to have been given if delivered in accordance with the Account Information you have provided.
18. Infancy. You attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
19. General. This Agreement, Backslap Domains's Disclaimer and the Dispute Policy, together with all modifications, constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Backslap Domains, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications. Nothing contained in this Policy shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. The failure of Backslap Domains to require your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by Backslap Domains of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. In the event that any provision of this Policy shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render this Policy unenforceable or invalid as a whole. Backslap Domains will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent of Backslap Domains as reflected in the original provision. This Agreement, Backslap Domains's Disclaimer and the Dispute Policy may not be amended or modified by you except by means of a written document signed by both you and an authorized representative of Backslap Domains.